Financial Advice: Divorce Proof Your MarriageFinancial Advice: Divorce Proof Your Marriage

About Me

Financial Advice: Divorce Proof Your Marriage

This is Nathaniel B. Thank you for landing on my page. Allow me to introduce myself. I am a bank manager who has been happily married for the over thirty years. I am grateful that my job and stable marriage have allowed me to become financially comfortable in middle-age. Unfortunately, many of my clients have not been so lucky. I listen in despair as I hear the familiar tale. They got divorced, rushed headlong into second marriages that also broke down, and ended up with major debts. My exasperation stems from the fact that a few legal precautions before racing up the aisle would have allowed my clients to remain solvent. I have compiled this blog to highlight the importance of having a good lawyer in your life. I hope you find the advice interesting and it motivates you to explore legal issues when making life decisions. Take care.

Latest Posts

Understanding Debt Collection: What You Need to Know
18 October 2023

Debt collection can be stressful and overwhelming,

Why Is A Prenuptial Agreement Such An Important Tool In Family Law?
12 April 2023

Are you excited about getting married? No doubt, g

Essential Elements Of A Will
25 January 2023

A will is a vital estate planning document. Ideall

Considerations When Hiring A Family Lawyer
28 September 2022

Family lawyers are professionals who assist client

Reasons To Hire A Personal Injury Lawyer
15 June 2022

Personal injury lawyers are your best bet when fig

Get Your Online Love Into The Country Without Getting Married

You've met someone online, you want to get to know him or her in person, but unfortunately, your Internet lover lives outside of Australia. Of course, you can tie the knot and get to know each other after the nuptials, but before you do something wild, you may want to explore other options.

Here are a few ways you can help your foreign fixation get into the country for an extended stay:

1. Working Holiday Maker

Australia has reciprocal agreements with many countries, and if your lover hails from the UK, Canada, the Netherlands, Japan, Ireland, Korea, Thailand, Malta, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Hong Kong, China, Finland, Cyprus, France, Italy, Belgium, Estonia, Bangladesh, Chile or Taiwan, he or she may be able to get a working holiday visa. Good for one year, these visas can be obtained by travellers ages 18 to 30.

2. Skilled Worker

If your online obsession is too old or from the wrong country, he or she may not be able to apply for the working holiday maker visa, but he or she may be able to apply for the skilled worker visa. This visa covers so many different occupations – including accountants, engineers, child care centre managers, teachers, medical workers, computer specialists, trade workers and many others – that it is likely almost any professional could apply for entry on this visa.

3. Student Visa

If your long distance love doesn't have a trade that can garner him or her a visa, maybe he or she wants to consider coming to Australia as a student. If your internet interest gets accepted into an Australian school, he or she will be able to live in the country and may even be allowed to work part time. Between study sessions, you can get to know each other in real life.

4. Tourist Visa

If your faraway friend is too old for the holiday maker program, has no skillful occupation or possesses no interest in studying, that doesn't make things impossible. People from most countries are able to travel to Australia as tourists. Tourist visas allow travellers to stay in the country for three months.

Your foreign born buddy cannot hold employment on this visa, but he or she can explore the country. If your potential partner can stay longer and doesn't need to work, he or she may even be able to get an extended holiday visa for 12 months. For more information, contact a business such as Immigration Solutions.